Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Almost everyday Maddie does or says something that just melts my heart and I don't want to ever forget these precious moments I am having with her. So I am going to blog about some of them so that somewhere there is a record of them.

1.) It has become the tradition for Maddie to be my alarm clock in the morning if I don't have anything to get up for. This use to happen sort of by default because we were sleeping in the same bed but now that she is sleeping in her own room I thought that maybe the tradition would change. Before when she slept in my bed, almost every morning when she woke up she would tap me and say, "Momma I hungy!" And then she would always proceed to tell me that she wanted french toast. However a couple of mornings ago she came into my room at around 6am and I let her get in and sleep with me for about an hour. At 7 she woke up and she curled up right next to my head. She then started tickling my face very softly and said "I love you momma" I felt like my heart was going to explode. I thought this is the best moment ever. I wish I could wake up to those precious words from her every day. I then proceeded to tell her that I loved her to and her replay to me was even sweeter, "I just love you so much!" Some times I just have to marvel at how blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sweet sweet. Writing down those moments is the best idea in the world. Oh these kids.

    ReplyDelete