Saturday, March 13, 2010

What trip is this!

Is it possible to feel completely and blissfully happy while at the same time feel a deep and longing sadness. Well I think that it is totally possible and I will tell you why because it is happening to me. I can even pin point the exact moment that both of these emotions began to try and co-exist. A little over a week ago I was dropped off at the airport in Providence, Rhode Island to return home to Houston from a much needed vacation. From the moment that the Infinity pulled up to the curb I knew that I was in trouble.
I have to say that i feel that I have been so blessed this year. Word can not even describe the happiness I feel as I think about my life over these last couple of months. I feel so grateful everyday to wake up and know that somewhere in Connecticut is a amazing, sweet, hardworking man, who loves me as much as I love him. Just the thought that someday soon I will be able to spend time and all eternity with him feels me with more joy and happiness then I ever dreamed. However, the fact that he lives 2,700 miles away makes me feel a longing that I have never known. Some days it is actually frustrating to live in a body where both of these emotions are trying to co-exist. I just feel like saying "Make up your mind already stupid body." But I guess that is one of the many pleasures of being human, the wide array of emotions we can feel at any given moment. So although it occasionally feels bizarre, I have to say I wouldn't trade any aspect of my life for anything. I finally honestly understand the saying that you have to know the bitter to appreciate the sweet.
Although being previously married was one of the hardest thing I feel I have ever had to go through, I am grateful for all the things I learned about life, marriage, and love. That experience taught me so much about myself and about what I can and cant live with and without. I can honestly say that years ago I might not have appreciated the man I have been blessed with today but now I thank my Heavenly Father every night for the wonderful, kind, generous, selfless, and loving man that he has blessed me with. So to this man I would like to say, Thank You, for just being you because you are wonderful and I adore you and love you more then you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sistah. You are a wise woman and if I may say something on behalf of the peanut gallery...we are so grateful and happy as well!!!

    ReplyDelete