Monday, March 1, 2010

Put on your sunday clothes when you feel down and out!!!

So today has been so much fun! This morning we had a long play date over at a friends house. After the play date we hit McDonald's for lunch. Then we came home and Maddie took a nice long nap and I was able to go shopping with Sadie (the cutest girl on the planet). It was so much fun and I am so excited to have a new shopping buddy. I was able to get some cute, warm clothes for my trip next week. I find it interesting how most women have a innate love for all things girlie, such as clothes, shoes, and accessories. Personally I don't think I have meet a shoe I did not like. I also love anything and everything to do with hair care and makeup. I know that I did not inherit this trait from my mother because she could care less about all of it. So where does this love come from. The answer is, I don't know, but I love it all the same. I have also notice Madeline's love for all things female, increasing daily. I think she probably asks me to paint her nails daily. She changes her outfit now more then I can count, and I am frequently finding articles of her clothing all over the house. Every morning when i am putting on my makeup she is right there and wants me to put whatever I am wearing on her as well. I just want to say, how lucky I feel to have a girl. I love her more then life itself. How lucky we are to get to be mothers and raise beautiful children.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh doggy! We got girl stuff coming out our ears...what a cutie. A few months ago I let all the girls try on my wedding dress. I just loved that they were in absolute heaven, it's too easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post. I love hearing about your connection with Maddie growing and how similar you two are. It must feel amazing to see a little piece of yourself growing right before your eyes!!
    PS what a cute photo!!

    ReplyDelete