Monday, October 4, 2010

Live Your Life because Anything Can Happen If You Let It!!!!!

Where is my husband I ask you, WHERE???? So I am sort of freaking out today, can you tell??? I bet you can! So many questions so few answers and I want answers. Ok I feel better now. I mean I could probably vent for this entire blog post about Nolan's stupid job but I will spare all of you and share some promising news instead.

The fist Monday of every month Jon (my Ex-Husband) and I meet at the Mcdonald's down the street to talk about Maddie and who get her when for the next month. We no longer follow our divorce decree and are just sort of doing what works best for both of us right now. Well tonight just as we were getting ready to say goodnight I felt impressed to ask him a question that has been on my mind but had no intention of broaching with him. I asked him if he would ever be willing to move out of Texas. What happened next shocked and surprised me, he said that he would be agreeable to moving out of the State if for some reason Nolan couldn't get a Job down here. We talked about a couple different locations that he would be comfortable with but I made it very clear that we are trying to stay in Texas if possible. Anyway, the whole conversation just really surprised me. He pretty much just said that he wanted to always be able to see Maddie every week and he would do what he had to do to make that happen. However most of his family lives here and the only place he really wants to move and would be willing to move to tomorrow is Austin, Tx. I was beyond thrilled with his open mindedness and willingness to work with me. After how well he took that question I ventured to ask another. I asked him if he would be willing to let me live with Nolan full time and come down to visit him 10 days a month instead of the opposite which is what we are doing now. I told him I only wanted to do that until April and that during the time away that he would not have to pay child support. I was very honest with him and gave him several reasons why I was asking for the huge favor. To this request he actually said he would think about it. Crazy right? One of my favorite songs from the Broadway play Mary Poppin's is, "Anything can happen if you let it" and tonight I realized she is right! I am tired of feeling like I have no power over my own life. Nothing is going to change if I don't step out of my comfort zone and take control of my life. And tonight I feel like I truly did. I don't know if he will let me move or if anything will come of it but at least I tried. So I am giving myself one really big pat of the back tonight. I am proud of myself for being brave and taking chances. My brother Clark always says, "LIVE YOUR LIFE" and tonight I did. I don't want to be a passenger in my own life anymore, always wishing things were different, but to scared to do anything about it. I want to work harder everyday at actively living it because anything can happen if you let it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. No way!! And to think that I was majorly impressed about 5 compromises ago! I'll cross my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sad it's taken me so long to read this.. but clearly this was the beginning of getting where you are right now in the process of "living your life"!!! I love you so much Joc!!

    ReplyDelete